The splendid Angelicum complex dates to 1569 and is situated in the exact geographical and historical centre of the Eternal City. It hosts the Pontifical University of St. Thomas, where the leading figures of the Catholic intellectual world study and teach, as well as the associated Convent of Sts Dominic and Sixtus and the Baroque Church of the same name.
Some of the greatest masters of the 17th century have left their imprint on the architecture and decor of the building, infusing it with their unmistakable elegance.
Some of the greatest masters of the 17th century have left their imprint on the
architecture and decor of the building, infusing it with their unmistakable elegance. Among them: Gian Lorenzo Bernini (1649), Giacomo della Porta (1587), and Vincenzo della Greca (1654).
The entrance, facing Via Nazionale, lies beneath the shadows of the medieval Torre delle Milizie and is a few meters from Piazza Venezia and Trajan’s column. From its windows and interior gardens you have an enchanting view of the Imperial Fora, the Coliseum, Villa Aldobrandini, the Quirinal Palace and the Victor Emmanuel Monument.
The John Paul II Conference Room, also known by its Latin name “Aula Magna”, is the largest of our two auditoriums and accommodates up to 1,100 people on several semi-circular levels. This room features wooden folding table seating and is ideal for large-scale events such as public lectures or academic conferences. Its windows (which can be screened for hosting projections) overlook the ancient Roman ruins of Trajan’s Market.
Angelicum Congress Center
Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas
Largo Angelicum, 1
00184 Rome, Italy
Office: +39 06/6702441 (IT)
Mobiles: +39 339/2770457 (only mornings)
Fax: +39 06/6702289
External site: http://angelicumcongress.it/It/Contatti