Faculty Secretary Protocols
Since there are many protocols that are required of all of us, this informational sheet is being provided as a quick reference guide for what is expected from you as a faculty secretary. This guide does not replace the full protocols but is meant to condense and clarify the protocols so as to assist you in your work. Please read the full protocols carefully and in their entirety to make sure that you are aware of and understand the various procedures for the prevention and mitigation of the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
- Please make sure to submit your signed employee COVID-19 protocols acknowledgment form to administration.
- The screening process may delay entry into the facility. Please factor in time in your commute and arrival to campus.
- Do not come to work if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Call your dean and/or administration to report your illness immediately.
- Masks are required while on campus.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently. Hand Sanitizer will be made available in various “Hand Sanitizing Stations”
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose as much as possible.
- Maintain a distance of at least one meter from others.
- Be sure to maintain room occupancy limits.
- If you begin to experience symptoms of COVID-19 while at work notify administration immediately.
- Laptops are being secured in a lockable cabinet in each classroom. Each faculty secretary will be given a set of all the keys so as to minimize crowding at the Reception area. Secretaries should maintain a log for signing keys in and out. Professors will go to the faculty secretary and ask her for the key to the cabinet in the room he/she is teaching in and sign it out.
- Make sure the professor returns the key and signs it back in when he/she is done with class.
- When dealing with students who come to your office for assistance, you will be required to use the plexiglass shield provided or a visor.
- As an added precaution, kindly disinfect your work area prior to leaving for the day.
- Professors will take attendance of all students who are physically present in class. This will assist us in contact tracing if necessary. Share the list with [email protected]. This should be shared as an excel spreadsheet that you create on google. Since it would be a shared document any additions you make would be seen by administration as soon as you make them. There would only be the need to create one spreadsheet per class, making sure to add the daily attendance to the same document. Secretaries may assist professors with this task.
- Please report to Administration any students who fail to adhere to the protocols set forth by the University.
NB. You are responsible for adhering to all the protocols even if they are not specifically mentioned in the quick reference guides.