Founded in 1950 by Father Paul Philippe OP (+1984), the Institute of Spirituality was approved by the Congregation for Seminaries and Educational Institutions on May 1, 1958.

 

Its purpose is threefold:

 

1) the scientific and systematic study of ascetical and mystical theology

 

2) preparation of spiritual directors and directors of novices

 

3) theological renewal and continuing education of priests, religious and laity.