Position Announcement – Program Assistant
The Angelicum Thomistic Institute is looking for two new members for our team to work as Program Assistants for the 2022-2023 academic year. These positions are one-year internships, funded by the International Dominican Foundation, that begin on September 1, 2022.
- Assist in organizing and executing Angelicum TI events, including, but not limited to online talks and conferences, in-person conferences, and student conferences;
- Work with student leaders to promote the Catholic intellectual tradition on secular university campuses through the Angelicum TI student chapter program;
- Support the execution of student chapter events;
- Travel to events and publicly represent the Angelicum TI at such events;
- Assist with marketing and development campaigns for the Angelicum TI;
- Assist the Angelicum TI Program Coordinators in developing and implementing new strategies for intellectual evangelization;
- Other duties as may arise from time to time.
- The Angelicum TI will pay for the intern to take one class per semester at the Angelicum, and the intern may use up to 2 hours of work time each week to attend the class.
- The Angelicum TI will provide advice on obtaining a visa and finding accommodations in Rome if needed.
- At least a B.A. degree or its equivalent;
- Knowledge of the Catholic intellectual tradition and motivation to spread the faith by intellectual evangelization;
- Organization, self-motivation, and attention to detail;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Comfort and precision in handling logistics for many events and projects simultaneously;
- Experience in communications and social media management;
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Experience managing finances and grants is a plus;
- Familiarity with Google Workspace is a plus;
- Familiarity with Zoom, Restream, Sendinblue, Sendible, and Canva is a plus;
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages in addition to English is a plus: Italian, Spanish, French, and German.
- Application form (online)
- CV and cover letter
- Contact information for 2 references
The Angelicum Thomistic Institute is a research institute of the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas in Rome and an apostolate of the Dominicans. Applicants should be practicing Catholics in good standing who assent to and profess the Catholic faith in its entirety as presented in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Salary: Starting around $40K, depending on education and experience, and generous vacation time.
Application Deadline: 18 April 2022