Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Each individual is called to comply with the recommended prevention measures in order to limit the spread of the infection. These measures should be followed by all our Angelicum community members. Therefore, posters / signs / brochures advertising the above measures will be posted in several places of the university. The University will also provide suitable hand cleaning agents for frequent hand cleaning. Additionally, rooms, workstations and common areas will be daily cleaned and sanitized.
- The University ensures daily cleaning and periodic sanitization of the premises, environments, workstations, equipment, and common areas through the specialized company BIBOS which operates within the university and the LOYALTY company which operates in the library. These companies will provide documented proof that they meet the requirements for sanitizing. Cleaning logs will be maintained by the cleaning companies and copies provided to Administration.
- In the event of the presence of a person with COVID-19 inside the premises, the room(s) is/are cleaned and sanitized according to the provisions of circular no. 5443 of 22 February 2020 of the Ministry of Health. The following is the protocol for such a case:
- The area will be secured so as not to allow access into the space.
- Some type of protective barrier will be installed at the door to the room to prevent entrance into the area.
- Windows and/or exterior doors to the room will be opened if accessible from the exterior. The room will not be entered.
- Ventilation systems within the room will be shut down prior to cleaning the room, to prevent possible contaminated air flow into other parts of the facility.
- Due to the possible survival of the virus in the environment for some time, the places and areas potentially contaminated by SARS-CoV-2 will be completely cleaned with soap and water as well as disinfectants before being used again.
- For decontamination, the use of 0.1% sodium hypochlorite after cleaning is recommended. For surfaces that can be damaged by sodium hypochlorite, 70% ethanol will be used after cleaning with a neutral detergent.
- During the cleaning of room(s) with chemicals, proper ventilation of the rooms will be maintained.
- Only cleaners trained specifically for COVID-19 cleaning will enter the space donning the appropriate PPE. (Respiratory filter FFP2 or FFP3, face protection, disposable gloves, disposable waterproof long-sleeved gown, and follow the measures indicated for the safe removal of PPE.)
- PPE will be removed and discarded in accordance with established norms and cleaning staff will wash hands immediately. Disposable PPE should be disposed of as potentially infected material.
- All frequently touched surfaces, such as walls, door, light switches, door handles, sink handles, elevator buttons, keyboards, mice, window surfaces, toilet and sanitary surfaces should be cleaned with particular care.
- Protective barrier will be removed, and space returned for use after the cleaning protocol is completed.
Full Cleaning will be performed twice per day (in the morning and at midday).
- Date and time of restroom cleaning will be recorded on the back of restroom doors on a paper log.
Building entrances, lobbies, hallways, elevators, and stairwells
Full Cleaning will be performed once per day (24-hr period). Hand sanitizer will be available at the building entrances, and other prominent stations.
Full Cleaning will be performed once per day (24-hr period). Additionally, disinfecting stations, consisting of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes or cleaning products, will be available for occupants to clean seating areas before/after use.
Full Cleaning will be performed twice per day (24-hr period). Disinfecting stations, consisting of hand sanitizer and disinfecting agents, will be located inside or adjacent to the classroom. Students will be instructed to wipe down their areas and touch points before and after use.
Full Cleaning will be performed once per day (24-hr period). Disinfecting stations, consisting of hand sanitizer and disinfecting agents, will be located inside or adjacent to the classroom. Students and faculty will be instructed to wipe down their areas and touch points before and after class. There is adequate time between classes to allow for the effective kill time of the cleaning agents.
Staff and faculty offices and conference rooms
Full Cleaning will be performed once per day (24-hr period). Disinfecting stations, consisting of hand sanitizer and disinfecting agents, will be located within the building. Faculty and staff will wipe down their offices following visitors and conference rooms after use.
Entrances, lobbies, hallways, elevators, common lounges, and stairwells
Full Cleaning will be performed once per day (24-hr period). Hand sanitizer will be available at the building entrances.