In our current phase, the risk of outbreaks in the workplace requires implementing a series of measures aimed at combating them. Therefore, all the measures already mentioned are in effect as well as body temperature scanning procedure on workers before accessing the workplace, according to the methods set out in this Protocol. If his/her temperature is higher than 37.5° C, access to the workplace will not be allowed. People in this condition:
- Will be temporarily isolated and provided with masks.
- Must leave the facility immediately and return home.
- Will not be required to go to the emergency room and/or to the infirmaries, but may choose to do so.
- Must contact their doctor as soon as possible and follow his/her instructions.
- Must quarantine for at least 14 days or provide documentation that they are no longer contagious.
In the event that a worker develops a fever and symptoms of respiratory infection such as coughing at the university, he must immediately:
- Declare it to Administration and be isolated, according to the provisions of the Health Authority.
- The university immediately proceeds to notify the competent health authorities and the emergency numbers for COVID-19 provided by the Region or by the Ministry of Health.
- The university, also through the involvement of the doctor on record, collaborates with the Health Authorities for the definition of any "close contacts" of a person present in the structure who has been found to be positive with the COVID-19 buffer.
This procedure is designed to allow authorities to apply the necessary and appropriate quarantine measures. During the investigation period, the university will ask possible close contacts to leave the facility as a precaution, according to the indications of the Health Authority.